Every FYE class is required to participate in the assessment of the program by way of collecting and sharing student work. This assessment is meant to offer a holistic view of the FYE curriculum and the different ways in which our curricular goals are being met. We are using google slides as a platform which your students have access to through their MICA google accounts. You and your students will need to be signed into your MICA google account for this to work.
December 13th: Last day of classes and Assessment Slides Due
December 17th: FYE program-wide slideshow review. Required for locus faculty; optional for Part time faculty.
We are using google slides as a platform which your students have access to through their MICA google accounts. You and your students will need to be signed into your MICA google account for this to work.
Link to main assessment folder: Once you access this folder, navigate to the folder for your section and follow the instructions listed below.
Link to faculty instruction page OR watch the faculty instruction video
Student Instruction Video
- Consider holding students accountable by allotting 5% of their grade to the completion of the slides assessment.
- Encourage consistent documentation of projects and activities. If students keep an ongoing photographic archive throughout the semester, it will be much easier to pull photos at the end for assessment.
- You will get better results if you allow for time in class to complete the task. Consider designating half a class period on the second to last day of class to assessment.
- Remind students that the written portion is low-stakes and can be casual. Encourage them to write freely and not worry about grammar or spelling.
- You are responsible for your students completing the work but are under no obligation to take their photos for them or format the slides. This should be student driven which will hopefully take the pressure off of you.