This position is offered to a student enrolled in a graduate program at the Maryland Institute College of Art. Students must have an interest in Wellness initiatives on MICA’s campus. MICA Wellness addresses topics on, but are not limited to, mental/emotional health, physical health, and sexual violence. Student will work with student counseling center, student health center, and the fitness center to create suitable programs for graduate students. These programs will provide education and resources regarding the topics above.
- Liaison between Graduate students and MICA Wellness to develop health and wellness programming for graduate students
- Will plan 3 programs per semester which include but are not limited to physical health, mental/emotional health, and prevention programming
- Programs will be in collaboration with both on-campus and off-campus partners
- Manage shift substitutions
- Will need to attend monthly Fitness staff meetings
- Bi-Weekly meeting with Health Promotions Educator or Undergrad Wellness Coordinators
- Assist with other Wellness programs as needed
- Will have atleast one working shift a week at the Fitness Center, front desk
- Assisting the Health Promotions Educator as needed
- Will be CPR/First Aid trained
Important attendance dates
- August 13 & 14: Coordinator Training
- August 16 & 17 : Joint Training
- August 20-24: Orientation
- September 8th : CPR Training
This job will require a work schedule of 10-15 hours per a week. At a rate of $13 per hour.
Upon interest in this position, please submit a resume along with your answers to the following questions to Health Promotion Educator, Keri Watley. firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. What do you feel is the greatest public health issues for Graduate students at MICA?
3. How do you maintain your personal wellness?
Please submit your resume and answers by July 22nd, 2019. If you have any questions please contact Keri Watley at email@example.com.
July 22 - Resume Deadline
July 24-31 - Skype Interviews (If selected)
August 2nd - Final Decision
The 14th annual Janet & Walter Sondheim Artscape Prize awards a $25,000 fellowship to assist in furthering the career of a visual artist or visual artist collaborators living and working in the Greater Baltimore region. The finalists whose work is on view are: Negar Ahkami, Akea Brionne Brown, Cheeny Celebrado-Royer, Schroeder Cherry, Phylicia Ghee, Jackie Milad, Stephanie Williams. Read more about the artists here. The 2019 jurors are Laylah Ali, Regine Basha and William Powhida.
The finalists’ exhibition is on view Saturday, June 15–Sunday, August 11, 2019 at the Walters Art Museum, located at 600 N. Charles St.
Images provided by Artscape.org
Artscape is America's largest free arts festival, attracting 350,000+ attendees over three days. Artscape features 150+ fine artists, fashion designers and craftspeople; visual art exhibits on and off-site, including exhibitions, outdoor sculpture, art cars, photography and the Janet & Walter Sondheim Prize; incredible live concerts on outdoor stages; a full schedule of performing arts including dance, opera, theater, film, experimental music and the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra; family events such as hands-on projects, demonstrations, competitions, children's entertainers and street theater; and a delicious, international menu of food and beverages that is available throughout the festival site.
July 19th - 21st, 2019
Friday: 11am-9pm, Saturday: 11am-9pm, Sunday: 11am-7pm
Friday and Saturday: 9 - 11pm, Artscape After Hours.
FREE and open to the public! Artscape is held outdoors in tents, and inside the neighborhood's premier exhibition spaces and performing arts venues. The event is handicapped accessible.
Visit the website and find more information about specific events!
Join the MICA Graduate Students Seeking Housing Facebook Group to connect with potential roommates and find an apartment in Baltimore.
If you’ve applied for on-campus housing, the Office of Residence Life will be in touch very soon with updates. If you haven’t applied for on-campus housing, and think you might still be interested, feel free to email Janine D’Adamo , firstname.lastname@example.org to talk more about what might be available.