Website | Application
On behalf of the Provost and the Grants Committee, we invite you to apply for the Lucas Grants for Faculty Teaching and Curriculum Development. Lucas Grants are intended to fund projects that directly contribute to the improvement of curriculum and teaching at MICA.
The Lucas Grant can be used for activities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Conference attendance and involvement, including: presentation of a paper about coursework, academic programming, or course project activity; chairing a conference panel about curriculum or teaching, et cetera.
- Training/workshops for new technical skills or new technology the faculty plans to integrate into teaching.
- Training for assessment or participation in assessment conferences and workshops.
- Training for faculty to learn approaches to address and integrate diversity and inclusion into the classroom and teaching (such as training for faculty to work more effectively with English Language Learners in their classrooms).
- The full purchase price of software or equipment up to, but not exceeding, $2000 after taxes and fees.
The Fall deadline for Lucas Grants is 10/9/19. For a full prospectus with guidelines and application instructions, please visit https://www.mica.edu/facultygrants.