Website | Application
On behalf of the Provost and the Grants Committee, we invite you to apply for the Marcella Brenner Grants for Faculty Development and Research. Brenner Grants fund projects that contribute to the faculty member's professional, artistic, or scholarly research and development.
Brenner Grants can be used for, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Costs associated with the fabrication of one’s work, such as materials.
- Costs associated with publication, exhibition or other forms of public dissemination of one’s research, artistic work, writing, or curatorial work, such as publication costs in catalogs or framing for exhibition.
- The full purchase price of software or equipment up to, but not exceeding, $2000 after taxes and fees.
- Conference attendance to present one’s research, scholarship, or artistic practice.
- Travel and related costs to support giving public speeches and presentations such as keynotes, lectures, or talks, related to one’s research, scholarship, or artistic practice.
- Costs associated with copyright and image rights for publication.
- Costs to support research opportunities that advance one’s scholarship or artistic practice such as in specific workshops, colloquia, or residencies related to one’s research, scholarship, or artistic practice.
The Fall deadline for Brenner Grants is 10/9/19. Please note that the application and prospectus for this program has been updated since the previous round. For a full prospectus with guidelines and application instructions, please visit https://www.mica.edu/facultygrants.