The Greenmount West Community Center opened its doors to the Central Baltimore community in March 2017. Entering its fourth year of programming, the center serves forty plus children daily and employs an additional five youth from within the community.
The Greenmount West Community Center Foundation is the place where exposure to opportunity and innovation collide.The result is an unparalleled excitement for achievement and mastery.The GWCCF provides youth and their families with sustainable programming and innovative partnerships in a safe, communal art space.
Our vision is a safe, welcoming, and inclusive gathering space where opportunities for growth, learning and to create are boundless.We expose our youth to local and internationally known citizens from the arts, sciences, political landscape, academia and beyond. We intentionally arrange for our young people to work, create and innovate with them. This critical exposure opens worlds of opportunities and brings possibilities to life.
Follow & Support GWCC on Youtube & IG : @gwccbaltimore
• We distributed 125 Arts&Crafts kits during the months March-May.
• The partnership with the BMA to expand on this initiative has allowed us to distribute 120 this week. With the goal to distribute 1400 June-August.
• April-May a little over 10,500 frozen individual meals distributed in partnership with Baltimore Montessori Public Charter School & World Central Kitchen
• 400 lunches delivered to seniors and families in partnership with Franciscan Center
• 25,000 lbs of produce distributed in partnership with Maryland Food Bank