The MICA Food Access initiative aims to provide short-term emergency relief for food insecurity among MICA students. The Food Access Committee recognizes that while food insecurity issues are a national problem, it is seen here locally at MICA and our community seeks to provide support in two specific ways to help alleviate the burden a student has around the access to healthy meals.
· Create different avenues to support students experiencing food insecurity.
· Create a safe space to distribute nutritious food to current MICA students.
· Create and promote a humane and confidential space on campus dedicated to food distribution.
· Collect quality and nutritious food donations, monetary donations, and meal swipes.
· Raise awareness around hunger issues, while also supporting healthy food choices.
· Encourage the MICA family to foster a sense of community and service to our students.
These initiatives are run by the College and include collaborative efforts between the Center for Identity and Inclusion, Student Health and Wellness, Parkhurst Dining Services, Center for Student Engagement, Campus Services, MICA Activists and Organizers (MOA), Office of the Provost, and the Office of Student Affairs.